I saw this great tutorial on Delighted Momma (she has so many great recipes!) and I can't even wait to try it! I've never made my own crust before, especially a healthy crust, and I'm so excited to try it!
What you will need:
- 1 1/2 cup of flax seed meal
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of Stevia or natural sweetener
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbs of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes to thicken up.
- Spread dough on a large round pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add toppings, place back in oven to melt cheese.
- SO EASY!
Check out her cauliflower mashed potato tutorial !
When I try this, I think I want to add some spices to the recipe, just to give it a little kick! I can imagine it now, banana peppers, mushrooms, black olives...I can't even wait!
One More Thing...
Also, I would like to do a quick little shout out. If you've read my last post you'll know that I'm starting a diet and on my way to get back in shape. Not even an hour after my post, I had a email from Anna, a great girl who gave me even more motivation and help to pursue my journey to get back into shape! I encourage everyone to check out her blog, Surviving In A Small Town, and also check out her fitness blog, here! Thank you so much ! It feels great to have support from my readers in making a change, and to know that people just like me had the motivation to do it and so can I !